Thursday, April 15, 2010

New Stuff. :)







Hey all!
God be with you!

I just wanted to write and tell everyone what's up out here in Panama!
At the moment I am in Panama City with my parents. We are meeting with the Youth With A Mission base leaders here because we want to have a Discipleship Training School at our house in Bocas del Toro in July! Half of the first three months of lecture will be in Panama City, and the other half will be in Bocas del Toro. This is very exciting for us because we have never had a school at our base before! Having this school will get things moving along with our base. I will also be joining the DTS staff, meaning I will be helping with the students as they work through the school. I've never done this, and I am very excited for it.

I am also volunteering at 2 schools and both sides of my house. I am teaching English to the students everyday, 3 days at one school, 2 days at the other. I am really looking into being a teacher in the future, so this is going to be great practice for me. I am praying that God can use me to show love to these children. I will be teaching grades 1-6. It is a year-long commitment so I will keep at it until school lets out in December, and then I am hoping to go to college to get a teaching degree. However, I still want to do the School of Worship in Costa Rica that has been postponed twice this year. I am playing guitar as much as possible, I believe it keeps me sane haha. I play for church services at times and just when I want to be with God. But I want to grow in worship as well.

Please pray for direction as I look for opportunities to serve and be a part of our lovely community. I want to build more relationships with the Indigenous people on our island.
Also pray for the relationship between me and my parents, as we are always together, and sometimes stress builds because it's hard to get away.
I also need to raise more support during this time to pay for staff fees and to buy a canoe to go to and from the schools everyday. At the moment I am borrowing my neighbor's 15-foot canoe, and it's a little hard to row because it's so big.
Please pray about partnering with me during this new season of changes in my life. I believe God is going to do something huge in our area.
Thanks everyone!
Please let me know how you're all doing!
Love you guys!
Reanna Kapsar

1 comment: