Saturday, October 23, 2010

As of late...















"And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love."
- 1 Corinthians 13:13


I have been here at the YWAM base in Panama City for 3 weeks now. I am working as an assistant teacher for kindergarten, second, third, and fourth grade at a school that YWAM Panama has founded. I love working with the kids and it's awesome practice as well because I want to be an ESL teacher someday, God willing. I have been here since October 2 and plan to leave at the end of the school year, December 10. My parents are on an outreach in Europe right now with our first DTS team of 11 students. They will also come back in December. I miss my family a lot. It seems like I'm alone, though I know I have God with me, as well as these wonderful people in YWAM Panama. I have not seen my brothers and sisters since February.

Anyways, after I return to Bocas del Toro in December, I will be there for about 3 weeks, and then I will go on to San Jose, Costa Rica for the School of Worship. I am so excited about what God will teach me there!!! My guitar playing has gotten better, though I only have about a year playing, and I have written some songs. I know I will grow so much there.

Lately I have been struggling with happiness. I know I have a joy unspeakable, but for some reason, it's been hidden. I can't figure out what to do in order to allow it to surface. I admit I should be spending more time with God. I pray as often as I can. I'm always around other Christians that lift me up. I go to church. I LOVE the Lord. It just feels like there's something missing. I feel weary almost, but I love what I do.
I don't know. I turned 20 on the October 20th, and I feel like I'm a million years old. Like my time is running out somehow. I can't explain it.

Anyways. I guess my prayer requests would be that you would pray that I could rest in the Lord and find my joy in Him again. Also that I would be more open and focused on what He has to say to me, that He would ready me for my School of Worship in January. And that I would have faith he can provide. I need $2,000 for the school.
PRAY FOR HAITI AS WELL. THEY HAVE A SICKNESS FROM BAD WATER.

Thank you to all that have been praying for me and supporting me at this time. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you.
God bless you.
Reanna


1 comment:

  1. Rebeanna!! We love you so much and are thinking of you and praying for you daily. Our hearts miss your happy spirit and awesome Christ-like-ness. But learning to depend on the Lord even when you don't feel happy is an important season He has to take you through. Press through, don't be discouraged, you will make it :) Don't slack in your walk with him, even use this time to seek him more than you ever have before. Journal through what you're feeling/hearing from the Lord. You'd be surprised how much you are probably still seeing Him. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!
    shi pie

    ReplyDelete