Sunday, February 13, 2011

Pura Vida Life.

Hey everyone!
So, I've been in Costa Rica for 6 weeks, which means I'm half way done with the lecture phase of my School of Worship!!! God has been teaching me tons in these weeks and has also been breaking my heart and healing it the way it should be. It's funny how you don't really realize how messed up you are until one day t just smacks you in the face and then you can't take it anymore. You have to change. I keep asking myself almost everyday, "Why did I commit that sin?" "Why do I act his way?" And it's always something along the lines of, "Oh, because I'm stupid. That's right." But that's not true at all!! I have found my identity again in Christ!! I'm beautiful and smart, I have learned to see myself and others in the eyes of God, rather than in the eyes of man.

So, every week we have a different teacher come in from some random part of the world, and every single teacher has taught on the same chapter in the Bible, John 4. It's the only chapter in the entire Bible where Jesus talks about worship. It talks about the Samaritan woman at the well and how her life was transformed after a few simple sentences with Jesus, and then how she went totally biserk and her whole village came to know this wonderful man. But her main question to Jesus was, "Hey, where am I supposed to worship? Because these guys over here say to go to this mountain, and then these other random guys say to go over here...I'm lost!" And Jesus simply says, "You are to worship in Spirit and in Truth." That's how we are called to worship! And let me tell you, worship is NOT when you walk in the door on a Sunday morning, half-asleep into the sanctuary and start singing. It's a response that you give to God for the things he has done in your life. Worship is a VERB not a NOUN. We worship! We don't HAVE worship! In the Old Testament- Hebrew the word "worship" is "shachah" which means to postrate oneself in homage or royalty to God. In the New Testament- Greek it is called "proskuneo" which means to turn and to kiss the cheek of, like a dog licking his master's hand; to prostrate; bow down. So as you can see, we shouldn't take worshipping as a light thing that we only do in church. If your heart isn't there, why are you speaking words of gratitude? What you feel in your heart should then go to your mind, and then you speak out words of TRUTH.

Anyways, it's an awesome story. You should look it up.

Every other week it is mandator that we write a song and present it in front of about 40 people. The leaders give us a verse or chapter in the Bible to write the song around and it's up to us to come up with lyrics and music for the song. Let me tell you, my guitar/singing/writing skills have improved so much!!! I LOVE to write songs for Jesus!!!

A few of my songs are up on facebook. Check them out.
I have also been working with the homeless and prostitutes every once in a while (usually Tuesday and Saturday nights). Please pray for them. Trafficking is a huge problem here.

And so, I would suppose that now is the time for those prayer requests:

  • against the attack of the enemy. He has been putting these terrible thoughts into my mind and distracting me from class and such. He's so tricky. I have to take time at least 4 times a day to sit by myself and pray.
  • finances are always a good thing to pray for. I have all of my school paid for now, but I need some money for random things like:

1. toiletries- shampoo, conditioner, deoderant, toothpaste, etc. probably an estimate of around $10 a month

2. internet - the internet here is not free. It costs about $20 a month.

3. Money for random things I may need - pencils, notebooks, strings for my guitar, food, clothes or something. An estimate of about $20 a month.

4. I need money for my bus ticket back to Panama at the end of March which is $35. (That includes the bus, the little bus, the boat, and whatever food.)

  • my family, I miss and love them dearly. -sigh-

So yeah! Please keep my in your prayers if you haven't been already. If you would like to donate anything or send me a box of chocolates (I haven't had a reese cup in like a year), just email me or facebook me. You are all dolls in my book. God bless you and may he hear your prayers!!!

My email is rebeanna@gmail.com and my facebook is www.facebook.com/rebeanna

No comments:

Post a Comment